If you are considering a kitchen remodeling project, consider a green kitchen remodel which could be healthier for your home and the environment.
However, most people think that going green for their remodeling project will be more expensive. Well, you will be happy to hear that going green can actually be more cost effective than the alternative.
Here are some money saving green remodeling tips:
- Keep the same kitchen layout rather than redesigning the entire floor plan. This saves, time money and space in landfills.
- Rather than ripping out and replacing your kitchen cabinets, choose the green option. If you cabinets are dated, but in good shape or have good bones don’t replace them, reuse them. By refacing cabinets or refinishing cabinets you save money, transportation energy, landfill space and materials. You can even refinish or paint your cabinets with green paint. Best of all, they achieve a whole new look.
- Energy efficient appliances is an expense at the outlay, however, they end up saving you money on electric bills.
- Granite countertops as well as other stone, quartz and bamboo are all green materials because they are natural and sustainable with no VOC’s. Recycled materials can be used for countertops as well, such as stone, concrete, butcher block, stainless steel and glass tile.
- LED lights can be added for efficient lighting. Compact fluorescent light bulbs should be used in your other lighting fixtures. Again LED and CFL lightbulbs will save you money in the long run because you will spend less on energy and spend less in replacement bulbs.
For more information, contact Kenneth C. Lewis.