A new year brings new kitchen design trends. There are plenty of new kitchen remodeling ideas that people are excited to put into their kitchens in 2014. Here are the kitchen trends that are popular this year:
1. Engineered stone countertops; they don’t chip or stain like granite and the other natural stones can, and are gaining popularity in homes with children.
2. Open Concepts; homeowners want to create a space that allows more people to gather in and around the kitchen instead of compartmentalized areas.
3. Gray; either gray stained cabinetry or gray painted walls, gray is definitely the new beige.
4. Stainless steel hoods with beautiful backsplashes; instead of just the hood being a focal point, it allows the whole area to become a focal point.
5. Open shelving; it draws the eye upward and breaks up a space that’s heavy with cabinetry. Refacing cabinets is a great way to speed up the job, save time and money, and save on resources. With cabinet refacing, shelves or glass doors can be added as well.
6. Glass tile backsplash; it adds beautiful texture to a kitchen and isn’t found in every kitchen you walk into.
7. Large kitchen islands with seating; as the kitchen becomes more of an entertaining space, homeowners like to incorporate seating around the island to make the kitchen even more inviting for guests.
8. Prep sinks in addition to main sinks; this is ideal for families who typically have two cooks in the kitchen, allowing both people to work without bumping into one another.
9. Beverage centers; they help the traffic flow in a kitchen, especially while entertaining.
10. Quality products; people want to remodel their kitchen with quality materials and products that won’t need repairs or replacing in a few years.
For more information on kitchen remodeling, contact Kenneth C. Lewis.