Do you need more preparation space in your kitchen? How about storage space? Strongly consider installing a kitchen island to increase property value, kitchen aesthetics, and functionality of your kitchen.
We specialize in kitchen island installation. Considering the fact that the kitchen ranks high in the most utilized space in any house, why not increase both the comfort and utility of that space? Below is a compiled a list of the benefits of a kitchen island:
- Even if you don’t have a kitchen the size of a basketball court, an island transforms transient space into workable and efficient areas. Storage areas for relevant appliance for each area will enhance the efficiency of the space.
- If you need additional workspace, an island can provide it. You can choose a specialty top for the island (butcher block, stone or stainless steel) to make is especially useful for baking or chopping.
- If you don't like the look of a traditional island, you can add extra space with a large table. Same concept, different form!
- If members of your family like to eat in the kitchen, or if you love to talk to them while you cook, an island can add additional casual eating space.
- If you need extra work surface in more than one area of the kitchen, an island can add flexibility and mobility with a movable space. An island on casters can be moved to whichever area you need - near the stove, near the sink, or out of the way!
- If you lack a focal point or if you would like to take attention away from flaws elsewhere in your kitchen, an island is a perfect way to do so.
- If your home has an open plan, an island can serve as the outside wall of the kitchen to give visual separation for the space.
- If you need space for appliances or an extra sink, an island can be a perfect solution. You can add a small refrigerator, a cook top or an additional oven to enhance the usability of any island.
- If you want to be able to keep an eye on the kids in the family room while you are preparing dinner, an island can separate rooms without blocking the view.
- Of course, return on investment. Kitchen upgrades and remodeling consistently rank in the top 5 home improvement investments when measured by positive return on investment.
Contact Kenneth C. Lewis today for a professional assessment of what a new kitchen island can do for you.