Right now, everyone is looking for a way to increase their home value, and kitchen remodeling is a surefire way to significantly do that. However it can also get extremely expensive. But simple kitchen fix-ups can add value and comfort to your space while giving it a whole new look.
There are ways to spruce up your kitchen without breaking the bank. Try these tips:
• Fix the countertops: Changing the material of kitchen countertops is a simple way to make an impact in the room. Materials such as ceramic, laminate, granite and siltstone are all great options. Laminate is the most cost effective and granite is the most popular.
• Refinish kitchen cabinets: Even though cabinet replacement can be pricey, giving your existing cabinets a new look can come at an affordable price tag. Refinishing cabinets removes the original finish and replaces it with a new stain. Or it can involve painting the cabinets a bold color.
• Redo lighting: Altering the lighting in your kitchen can give it a different look and feel. Track lighting is a good aesthetic choice with many different options. Add a few task lamps to improve the functionality of the work space area. Dimmers are easy to install and can make the atmosphere of the room more versatile.
• Upgrade appliances: Buying even just one or two new appliances can significantly increase the kitchen’s value. Large appliances, such as the refrigerator, oven and stove, should be upgraded first.
• Restyle the floor: Laying a new floor doesn’t have to be a costly project. Materials such as peel-and-stick vinyl tiles are inexpensive and can be easy to install. Other excellent options include linoleum, porcelain, cork and stained concrete.You don’t need to start from scratch to give your kitchen a makeover. With small improvements, you can get a great return on your investment. For more information on refinishing kitchen cabinets, contact Kenneth C. Lewis.
Scoop San Diego